Antimicrobial PVC Vinyl
What does Antimicrobial vinyl do?
- Inhibits growth of a wide range of microbes, including E.coli,
Staphyloccocus Aureus, MRSA, more than 99% in accordance to
tests carried out under ISO 22196 (Measurement of antibacterial
activity on plastic surfaces)
- Can easily be applied and removed on a large variety of existing
surfaces normally without any constructional modifications
- Largely eliminates the need for aggressive cleaning/maintenance
- Controls spread of microbes 24/7
Where can it be used?
Basically in any hygienic sensitive area:
Healthcare (public & private), education, industrial, food manufacturing, leisure, pharmaceutical, retirement homes, sport facilities, airports, underground railway cars, fast food,…
– Touch screens
– Grab handles and rails
– Table tops
– Hospital patient and treatment rooms
– Operating theatres
– Kitchens and Services
– Wet and Hygienically sensitive areas
– Public waiting areas
Pure Zone film used in the real world.
McDonald’s Touch screens
We recently installed Pure Zone film on 12 touch screen kiosks for McDonald’s Annerley in Queensland as a test bed for their remaining stores.
We also install small notification stickers in areas where the film has been applied to indicate to patrons that the surface is safe to touch.
The URGENT need to reduce Healthcare-Associated Infections (HCAIs) cases
There is the great urgency to reduce HCAIs in healthcare by guaranteeing the highest possible level of hygiene and patient safety.
According to a study carried out by the WHO (World Health Organisation) each year in Europe approx. 50000 people die due to HCAIs and 100.000 people in the US.
In addition in Europe the treatment to heal HCAIs patients results in approximately 10 million additional patient days resulting to an estimated 13 – 25 billion Euros extra costs.
HEXIS Health PVC Films with their unique capacity to inhibit growth of a wide range of microbes are a very effective part in the defence against the spread of bacteria and complement the strategy to fight HCAIs according to best practices defined by national, european and international institutions (e.g. Health First Europe, European Commission, WHO ).
Laboratory proven results
Antimicrobial films are manufactured with silver ions encapsulated in a glass matrix and distributed over the film in a uniform manner.
- Protects 24h a day, 7 days a week, and thus between 2 cleaning phases.
- Protects inaccessible areas
- Inhibits the development of 99.99% of the germs tested (tests in conformity with the ISO 22196 standard)
- Reduces a bacterial population by 4 logs
- Prevents the formation of biofilm
- Active for 5 years
- Perfectly ecological
- No nanoparticles
You can find product brochures and detailed information below